Preparing your file in Sketch
Please note that with SVGator you can also create an SVG online from scratch and animate it right away so it’s not necessary to use a third-party vector graphics editor anymore like Sketch.
But if you decide to create the SVG using Sketch, the following steps will make it easier for you to use the static SVG file in SVGator after it was exported from Sketch.
• Rename your shapes, paths, and groups in the layer panel. Groups and masks that were not renamed will not be in the exported file and will not show up in SVGator.
• Delete unnecessary paths and groups. Having a clean and organized file will make it easier to identify the elements while you are working on your animation.
• In case your SVG also contains text, expand/convert it into outlines. Even though you can convert elements to paths in SVGator, you can't convert text to shapes or paths.
• Select the elements you want to export as an SVG and go to “Make Exportable” in the bottom right corner of Sketch interface and select SVG format then click on “Export selected” button.
• Select the name of the file and the destination on your device, then save.
Still got questions? Send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as soon as we can.