Preparing your file in Illustrator
Following our guidelines will make it easier to animate the SVG file in SVGator. Please read them below:
• Rename your shapes, paths, and groups in the layer panel. Groups and masks that were not renamed will not be in the exported file and will not show up in SVGator.
• Delete unnecessary paths and groups. Having a clean and organized file will make it easier to identify the elements while you are working on your animation.
• In case your SVG also contains text, expand/convert it into shapes. Even though you can convert elements to paths in SVGator, you can't convert text to shapes or paths.
• Go to File -> Export -> Export as… and check “Use Artboards”. Then from the SVG options’ settings box select ‘Inline style’ from the styling drop-down and click ‘Ok’.
• Name your file and select ‘.svg’ format -> select download directory -> Export
Still got questions? Send us an email to email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we can.